Evolution Aqua manufacture K1 Media for distribution to the aquatics industry. K1 media is engineered in a wheel shape with near neutral buoyancy allowing the media to circulate in a moving bed with only a minimal water flow.
Maturing K1 media is important because a delicate eco-system is naturally developing for the bacteria involved in the nitrification process. K1 media provides a high available surface area for the bacteria to colonise, more than other types of static media. It is this process which removes harmful ammonia and nitrite from the water.
• Consistently regarded as the number one filter media
• For use in all types of waste water treatment filtration
• Ideal for use in moving bed filters
• Provides a large surface area for bacteria to colonise
• Dramatically increases the efficiency of a filter